viernes, 20 de enero de 2012

Surviving

How green am i? Let’s say i’m light blue, because i like that color most and it has to do with the enviroment too… like, the sky.. the air.

I think people learn about enviroment friendly practices mainly at home, whit their familys. Your parents are the one responsibles for your knowledges about taking care of the planet with simple or, sometimes, not so simple attitudes or activities you can do to help. The rest you learn is learnes by conviction and self consciousness.
I do recycle the things i can, I like giving objects that are no longer in use a new meaning, by using them to other activity, but i don’t know where the recycling centers are here in Chile. I would like to know it, though. Now I feel irresponsible…

The thing I do is trying to reduce the volume of the garbage I produce, crushing all the bottles and boxes I throw to the dump, and thowing the kitchen oil I use inside a bottle, to avoid contaminating the potable water.  



 
I like walking a lot! Besides helping the planet, it is healthy and is a wonderful way to know the vity you live in (And due to the fact that i’m not from here, it is great J), everytime i can walk, i walk, except when i’m late…
I’ve never been in a eco-organisation, because i haven’t made myself the time to join one. And i’ve never met someone who’s in it, so i’m not sure how to do it, but i would like to participate in the creation and expansion of renovable energys around the world.

To reduce my carbon footprint, i try to be responsible with the electricity i use, turning off the lights i’m not using, keeping the refrigerator open the less time possible, not having a car, buiyng clothes when i need it (most of the time), trying to take short showers, etc.

I think that regarding to this issue, the people need to get responsible for their acts, need to be informed about the damage that we are doing to the earth and how it will have terrible consecuences for everyone on this planet, not only humans, if we don’t change our ways now. I believe that if we’re not capable to change, and get conscious about this matter, then maybe we’ll deserve the devastation that will come, but i’m not really sure if our sons or grandchildren deserve it.

4 comentarios:

  1. I like to walk too! Maybe some day we can go to walk somewhere with our classmates ahaha

    ResponderEliminar
  2. There's a recyling point of bateries in Vitacura :D We could start recycling in our homes and between our classmates :B just like the "taps" but this time it has to work hahaha!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I walk a lot too :D see you little dinosaur rawr!

    ResponderEliminar